Your cart is empty
More and more constructioncompanies, gardeners and timber merchants are choosing Wovar because of
- Extra discounts for large consumers;
- Direct contact with a trained specialist;
- Detailed order history;
Wovar Garden Edging
Are you looking for corten steel or plastic edging for your garden? Then you have come to the right place. Corten steel is a durable product due to its special treatment and has that beautiful, rusty colour. Wovar also supplies more steel border edging, such as galvanised steel, and black powder-coated steel. If you prefer another material, plastic border edging in different colours are also available. This way, you can match the colour nicely with your garden. Corten steel and plastic border edging are flexible, so you can also create winding garden paths and circular flower beds with our border edging. Garden edging is also referred to as lawn edging or borders.
Steel garden edging
Another common type of garden edging is the steel garden edging. A steel edging can give just that look you are looking for. In addition to our corten steel garden edging, you will also find zinc plated and black steel edging. Steel edging is very strong and will not be damaged quickly due to its beautiful coating.
Corten steel garden edging
Our most popular garden edging is the Corten Steel garden edging. They have a beautiful rust colour, which looks great in any garden. The corten steel edgings are available in three different heights: 16, 24, and 40 cm. All the corten steel garden edging has a length of 106 cm.
You connect the different pieces using a simple slide-in system, allowing you to make the corten steel border as long as you want. The borders are also flexible, giving you the possibility of bending the garden edging to suit your needs. Complete the look with corten steel planters. Our most popular edgings are our corten steel edging 106 x 16 x 0.15 cm. Placing our garden edging is very easy. Below, we explain in detail how to do this.
Placing garden edging
How do I place edging myself? We explain in 5 simple steps how you can easily place our garden edging in your garden. We are using the (corten) steel border edging as an example.
- Step 1: Determine where you will use the edging and calculate the number of meters you are going to need. Tip: You can also make right angles, by simply using a stone or piece of wood when bending (see also the pictured instructions included with each product).
- Step 2: Dig a trench in the ground where you want to place the corten steel edging. You can determine the depth yourself, but we recommend a depth of approximately 130 mm for the best end result.
- Step 3: Place the garden edging pieces in the ditch and connect them. Secure the borders by bending the tabs.
- Step 4: Drive the pegs into the ground using a rubber mallet. Use a spirit level to level the border edges. You can reinforce high border edges with hardwood picket posts 6 x 6 cm. With an angle grinder, you can shorten the border garden if desired.
- Step 5: Fill the trench with, for example, gravel or soil.
Making corten steel rust faster
Your corten steel border may not be completely rusted upon arrival. It can take several weeks to months for the oxidation process to be fully completed. You can use the tips below to make the corten steel garden edging rust faster upon arrival:
- Degrease the border with a cleaning agent, which will remove the wax layer from the corten steel.
- Dissolve three large tablespoons of salt in 10 L of warm water.
- Pour the salt solution liberally over the Corten steel with a plant sprayer or watering can.
- The corten steel will start to turn a beautiful orange within a few days. You can also use acid, like vinegar, instead of salt.
If you want to use fully rusted corten steel edging the next day, add our rust accelerator to your order. Your garden edging will be ready overnight!
Plastic garden edging
Wovar also offers garden edgings made of plastic in four different colours: green, grey, taupe, and black. The plastic borders are 15 cm high, 3 mm thick, and we deliver them on a roll of 10 meters. The lawn edgings are also flexible, even more so than the steel garden edging. Circles, S-shapes, spirals, you can make it with these borders.
Additionally, the edges are completely rot-resistant, and can withstand shocks and large temperature changes. With plastic garden edging, you get flexible and durable garden edging in a colour that suits your garden. Secure the plastic garden edging with the corresponding ground pegs for extra strength.
Flexible garden edging
Wovar's garden edging comes in different types: corten steel edging, black steel edging, galvanised steel edging, and plastic edging. You can easily connect the black, galvanised steel, and corten steel lawn edging strips by using the simple slide-in system. The plastic garden edging comes in complete rolls of 10 meters in length, so you can easily customize your sections. We also offer grass border edging and wooden garden edging on rolls.
Ordering your garden edging
Order garden edging made of corten steel, galvanised steel, black steel, plastic, or another material today at Wovar. Take advantage of our volume discount with an order of, for example, 20 pieces. Businesses in the construction and landscaping industry enjoy additional benefits, such as a business discount, with a free business account.
Combine our garden edging with a weed membrane and gravel mats for a beautiful gravel path. Planning to use the borders to make a flower bed? Check out our plant supports and garden tools to give your plants the best possible start.