Corten steel garden screens are a great fit in any garden, giving your garden a charming yet industrial appearance. Before you start with mounting these garden screens, check whether you have all the necessary tools on hand. Some tools you will only need if you mount them in a certain way.
How to use a garden screen
There are several applications for a garden screen. A popular and ornamental way to use the screen is as wall decoration. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Decide where you want the garden screen(s). This can be on virtually any wall.
- Use a masonry drill bit to drill 3 holes in the wall per mounting bracket. We recommend using 2 mounting brackets per screen.
- Fasten the mounting brackets to the wall with 5 x 50 mm chipboard screws.
- Place the garden screen on top of the mounting brackets, and you are done.
Tip: Drill a few holes in the bottom of the screen with a metal drill bit, so rain water can flow away easily.
Prefer to use the garden screen as a privacy screen or as freestanding decoration? Then check out the following steps:
- Determine where you want the screen and place two wooden posts in that spot. Keep in mind that the distance between the posts should be exactly equal to the width of the screen.
- Drill pilot holes in the posts with a 5 mm hardwood drill bit.
- Drill holes in the same spot in the corten steel screen with a metal drill bit 5 mm.
- Use chipboard screws to attach the garden screen to the posts.
Another option is to use the garden screens as fence panels. Typically, you use a combination of closed garden screens and screens with a pattern. Of course, this depends on your preferences. To build a fence with garden screens, follow the guide below.
- Before you start, decide whether you want to build an entire fence or only break up your fence in one or more places.
- Building a complete fence with garden screens? Then you can use different patterned screens next to each other and on top of each other. In between the screens, places wooden posts to mount the screens to. To create a more closed fence, we recommend alternating patterned and closed garden screens.
- Breaking up a regular fence in one or more places? Mounting the garden screen is similar to building an entire fence. Simply fasten the garden screen to two wooden posts.
Buying a corten steel garden screen
Order your high-quality, corten steel garden screens for a fair price at Wovar and give your garden a unique appearance. With an order of several of the same screens, you can profit from our volume discount. Do you own a business in the landscaping or construction sector? Sign up for a free business account to receive additional benefits, such as a business discount and access to a detailed order history.