Your cart is empty
Sanding the material before painting causes the paint to adhere better to the surface. To do this, you will need sandpaper. There are several grades of sandpaper, based on the grit. The lower the grit number, the coarser the sandpaper. And the other way around, the higher the grit number, the finer the sandpaper. For the best result, you start with coarse sandpaper and work your way up to fine. Wovar offers sanding blocks, sandpaper sheets and rolls, and metal scourers.
More and more constructioncompanies, gardeners and timber merchants are choosing Wovar because of
- Extra discounts for large consumers;
- Direct contact with a trained specialist;
- Detailed order history;
Before you start sanding, clean the surface you want to sand. This removes dirt, oil, and other grease from the surface and ensures you will not sand it into the material.
Choosing the right grit
Wovar offers a wide selection of sandpaper. To select the right sandpaper, you have to look at the grit number. The higher this number, the finer the sandpaper.
Sandpaper is classified as follows:
- Coarse (60 - 80 grit): for rough sanding, like removing rust or old paint.
- Medium (80 - 120 grit): for eroding old paint layers and sanding before painting.
- Fine (120 -180 grit): for eroding old paint layers and sanding between painting different layers. For example, sanding primer.
- Very fine (200 and above grit): for light sanding between painting different layers and sanding varnish.
Order sandpaper online
Order your sandpaper for a competitive price today. With a business account, you can enjoy even more advantages, like a personal discount code and access to a detailed order history. Sign up for free today!