Even when using excellent quality wood, the wood may start to rot over time when the posts are placed directly into the ground. The Postsaver covers for impregnated wooden posts prevent wood rot and double the life of your wooden posts. They offer resistance to moisture, wood rot, fungi, minerals and bacteria that are in the soil.
Benefits of a Postsaver Post Protector Sleeve
Placing a wooden post directly in the ground is often easier than if you have to use another anchor. Often there is no room or place for a post holder, and pouring concrete, so the post itself is placed in the ground. This is possible with a Postsaver post protector sleeve. The advantages of a Postsaver at a glance:
- Prevents post rot
- Doubles the life of impregnated wood posts
- Environmentally friendly
- Available in many sizes
- Easy to install, easier than paint!
Which burner do I need?
You can use different burners to burn our post protector sleeves. Do you only need to install a few post guards? Then, a simple roof burner, which you can easily light up with a lighter or match, is suitable. A paint burner, or hot air gun, would also be suitable.
For larger numbers or frequent users, we recommend using a professional roof burner with an electric ignition and a higher heat output. These ensure that the Postsaver shrinks quickly around the post.
How do I install a Postsaver post protector?
Before placing the post protector on the post, the wood must be completely dry. This prevents internal rotting of the post. Is the pole still damp? Then let it dry first or dry it yourself by pointing the gas burner at a distance at the pole. To secure the post saver, follow the steps below:
- Determine the position of the post and the insertion depth;
- Draw a line on the post at ground level, add 5 cm to this, and place another line;
- Place the top of the post guard on the top line, so that the post guard always protrudes 5cm above the ground when the post is in place;
- Hold the gas burner about 30 to 40 cm from the pole and burn the Postsaver on the pole;
- Continues to burn until the Postsaver adheres well to the post, which will take between 6 and 30 seconds;
- With round posts, make sure that you also burn 5 cm above and below the post, so that the post protector adheres well. Slowly turn the pole while burning;
- For square posts, burn the Postsaver in place side by side. Use a wet paint roller after each side to roll the post protector thoroughly;
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and the post is ready to set in the ground.
Order Post Protectors Online
Order Postsaver post protector sleeves for a competitive price at Wovar. Available in different sizes, for both round and square posts. Take advantage of attractive discounts when purchasing larger quantities.
Looking for a different type of anchoring for posts? View our entire category of post holders. Here you will find pointed post anchors, flat post bases, column bases (H and U anchors), and adjustable elevated bases. We recommend using our construction lag screws or carriage bolts to make a sturdy wood connection.