Your cart is empty
View our volume discount below:
Why choose for Flexible Corten Steel Edging 16 x 106 cm - Per piece?
- Flexible garden edging in a beautiful rust colour
- Durable corten steel
- Easy to assemble
- Rust colour only visible after a few weeks to months
Flexible Corten Steel Edging 16 x 106 cm - Per piece
Are you looking for stunning garden edging for your flower bed, garden path, or lawn? With this flexible corten steel edging, 16 x 106 cm, you can create clean edges in your garden. Because Wovar's corten steel edges are flexible, you can also use them for, for example, a winding garden path. We also see more and more people use the garden edging along the edges of the lawn. This is because the border eliminates the need to trim grass edges, resulting in a well-kept, pristine lawn.
The spikes at the bottom are 8 cm long. Added to the height of the actual border, which is 8 cm, the total height of these garden edgings is 16 cm. In addition to looking great, the lawn edging also protects against snails. This is because corten steel contains a small amount of copper, which oxidises upon contact with snail slime. Snails do not like this and will stay away from the corten steel garden edging.
This corten steel border is 106 cm long, 16 cm tall, and 1.5 mm thick. The effective length of the border edge is 100 cm, as the borders overlap and interlock, taking up approximately 6 cm. The height of the lawn edging makes it one of the most popular garden edgings. This corten steel edging is great for, for example, confining gravel and wood chips for a walkway in your garden.
Make corten steel rust faster
The corten steel is not completely corroded upon arrival. It can take several weeks to months for the oxidation process to be completed. To make the garden edging rust faster, you can use the following method:
- Degrease the corten steel edging with a cleaning agent, this will remove the wax layer from the corten steel.
- Dissolve three large tablespoons of salt in 10 litres of warm water.
- Pour the salt solution liberally over the corten steel with a watering can or plant sprayer.
- The corten steel starts to turn a beautiful orange within a few days. You can also use acid, such as vinegar, instead of salt.
NEW! We now also offer rust accelerator. This rust accelerator gives your new corten steel edging its signature colour within one day. You can find it between the corresponding products. A 0.25 L bottle is enough for 27 of these garden borders. Simply apply the rust accelerator with a sponge, and they will be completely oxidised in approximately 10 hours.
How do l install corten steel edging?
Thanks to the interlocking system, it is easy to connect the borders to each other. The garden edgings are very flexible and can therefore be placed in a smooth line, as well as sharp corners. You can bend them to a right angle by simply placing a brick, or other heavy and straight material, in the desired spot on the border. After this, you can bend the steel garden edging around the brick and make a right angle. Installation is made even easier with the attached ground spikes. Below, we have outlined 5 steps on how to install corten steel edging.
- Step 1: Determine where you will be using the borders and calculate the number of meters you will need.
- Step 2: Use a spade or garden trowel to dig a trench in the ground where you would like to place the garden edging. You can determine the depth yourself, but we recommend a depth of approximately 8 tot 10 cm.
- Step 3: Place the borders in the trench and join them together by bending the clasp of one piece around the other border.
- Step 4: With a rubber mallet, you can tap the garden edging to drive the spikes into the ground. Use a spirit level to ensure the edging is level. With 6 x 6 cm hardwood stakes, you can reinforce high border edges. If you want to shorten the lawn edging, you can do so with an angle grinder.
- Step 5: Refill the trench with, for example, gravel or soil. Depending on what you are going to use the edging for, you can first lay down a weed membrane or gravel grid.
Buy corten steel garden edging
Order this corten steel border and give your lawn, driveway, or flower beds a beautiful, clean edge. The corten steel edging can be ordered per piece. Gardeners, construction companies, and similar businesses enjoy many benefits with a business account, such as a business discount and a detailed order history.
No reviews for this product yet.