There are currently no items in your basket
Looking for fire pits? Fire pits come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. At Wovar, we offer fire pit bowls. A great way to get a fire in the garden for an extra load of fun during the summer evenings. This will add something special to the garden. We currently have a corten steel fire bowl in our range. This particular material is very strong, and durable, and has a unique look when it starts to rust.
Fire pit bowl
Wovar's fire pit has an elegant and modern design and is made of high-quality corten steel. A beautiful addition to any kind of garden and a special way to generate fire and create a cosy atmosphere. Use the fire bowl with wood or coal. Easy to assemble after delivery.
Corten steel fire bowl
The fire pit that we sell at Wovar is made of corten steel. An elegant and extremely strong material made of iron, to which copper, silicon, phosphorus, nickel, and chromium have been added. It owes its name to two unique properties. COR stands for corrosion resistant and TEN for tensile strength. The material is virtually indestructible, which is why all kinds of beautiful and durable outdoor products are made from it. For example: planters, tree rings, and garden edging.
Fire pit rusting process
Together with you, Wovar can give your garden a beautiful rustic look with these products. When corten steel rusts over time, the colour blends in wonderfully with all kinds of environments. Without help, it takes about six months to a year to obtain the signature colour. However, there are also ways to make corten steel rust faster.
Making corten steel fire pit rust faster
Your fire pit bowl made of corten steel is not yet completely rusted on arrival. The oxidation process, through which the corten steel acquires its colour, takes about 6 to 12 months.
Fortunately, you don't have to wait for 6 to 12 months, because the rusting process can also be accelerated. For an extensive explanation, please refer to our blog on how to make corten steel rust faster.
- Corten steel is finished with a wax layer. The first step is to remove this layer. You can use a degreaser and a cloth for this.
- Once you've removed the wax, it's time to make our homemade rust accelerator.
- Fill a bucket with 10 L of warm water and add 3 tablespoons of salt or vinegar.
- Stir the mixture well and fill your plant sprayer with it.
- Apply the mixture gradually and liberally to your corten steel product.
- Repeat the application of this mixture daily and after 6 days you will notice a significant difference.
- To achieve a completely rusted-through product, you will have to perform this treatment daily for about 6 weeks.
NEW: We now offer ready-made rust accelerator. Create that beautiful rusted colour in just one night!
Buying a fire pit
Ordering at Wovar is simple! The order is completed within a few clicks. Do you have your own carpentry business, or are you a landscape gardener? With a business account, you can benefit from extra advantages.