There are currently no items in your basket
What is a cookie?
What are cookies used for?
Wovar collects information about users on its website by means of cookies, with the aim of making the shopping experience easier.
- Register your preferences.
- Allow the user to select and purchase items on the website and to record browsing activities and purchases.
- Record website visits, such as information about the products you add to your shopping list.
- Register your past activities on the site in order to provide you with a better service on your next visit.
- To monitor the technical condition of the website and to optimise the website.
- Customise the content and presentation of the site based on your browser type or other information sent by the browser.
- To be able to perform general and functional analyses and to improve our website and user experiences on that basis.
- Analyse, collect and manage statistics about visitors.
- To enable links with social media such as Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter and the associated advertising options.
- Display relevant advertisements on external sites.
Use of permanent cookies
With the help of a permanent cookie, Wovar can recognise you when you visit our website again. The website can therefore be specially adjusted to your preferences. Even if you have given permission to place cookies, we can remember this by means of a cookie. This means you do not have to keep repeating your preferences, which saves you time and makes use of our website more pleasant. You can delete permanent cookies via the settings of your browser.
Which cookies does Wovar use?
A cookie from Google Inc. is placed through our website as part of the “Analytics” service. We use Google Analytics to keep track of how our visitors use the website and to receive reports on this. Google can provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so, or insofar as third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Wovar has no influence on this.
The information that Google collects is anonymised as much as possible. Your IP address is expressly not provided. The information is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google states that it adheres to the Privacy Shield principles and is affiliated with the Privacy Shield program of the US Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
Our website includes buttons to promote (“like”) or share (“tweet”) web pages on social networks such as Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn. These buttons work using pieces of code that come from the social media channels. Cookies are placed through this code. We have no influence on this. Read the privacy statement of these social media channels (which can change regularly) to read what they do with your (personal) data that they process via these cookies.
The information that these social media channels collect is anonymised as much as possible. The information is transferred to and by Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn and stored on servers in the United States. LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, and Google adhere to the Privacy Shield principles and are affiliated with the Privacy Shield program of the US Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
Right to view and correct or delete your data
You have the right to request access to, correction or deletion of your data. See our contact page for this. In order to prevent abuse, we may ask you to identify yourself. When it comes to access to personal data linked to a cookie, you must send a copy of the cookie in question. Such a copy may be found in your browser settings.
Accept cookies or not
You can set whether you want to accept cookies or not via your web browser. In most web browsers, this is done through the internet options or settings. Here you will find a privacy tab, the subject of cookies is stated here.
More information about enabling, disabling and deleting cookies can be found in the instructions and / or by using the Help function of your browser.
Changes to the Wovar cookie statement